Monday, June 2, 2008

Just another Manic Monday

A few weeks ago, I was *sure* that Peter would have arrived by now (don't ask me why, but I was just convinced that he was going to come early!). But I find myself at another Monday doing all the chores that I thought for sure I was doing "for the last time until Peter comes" last week. Oh well! I'm doing a pretty good job of keeping the house decently clean -- it's just the weekly repeat chores like laundry, ironing, vacuuming, cleaning the bathrooms, etc. that I have to do. Monday ends up being a good day to blast through a bunch of chores since Mondays are always manic, like the song puts it so well. The boys are always a little crankier, it seems, since the weekend fun is over and David is back at work, so I figure I might as well get the chores over and done with on an already crazy day so I can free up the rest of the week for more fun projects.

I am definitely feeling "due" now, but nothing to suggest that labor is on its way. I'm just feeling largy, achy, and my hands and feet are retaining water. Apparently my face is, too --- a lady at church told me the other day that I look like I'm ready to have Peter any time now because my face is starting to "fill out". Doh! Not exactly what this large pregnant lady wanted to hear, but that's OK :). Mentally, I'm doing pretty well and am letting these kinds of comments and the "Didn't you have that baby YET?" type of comments roll right off. I'm enjoying the Baby Time Bomb feeling, as much as it can be enjoyed, I suppose.

Let me just end this post with some of the comments that we have gotten over the past several months when we tell people that we're having our 3rd boy:

1. Are you going to keep trying for that girl?
2. Wow -- you're going to be really busy!
3. You're braver than I am.
4. That's why I stopped at 2 boys -- I was afraid if I had any more kids, it would be more boys.
5. Raising 3 boys is a one-way ticket to heaven!
6. You're very blessed.
7. They're going to keep you young!
8. Just wait until they're teenagers and you have to feed them all!

It's funny! I always make sure to let people know that we're very excited to be having another boy. I love raising boys, and I consider it a privilege and honor that God has entrusted David and I with them to raise as Catholic men. I'm looking forward to meeting Peter, and also for the gift of brotherhood that Jack and Thomas will have with him. I think it was Pope John Paul II that said that one of the greatest gifts you can give your child is a sibling, and from what I have seen in our family, that is definitely true.

Anyway, I'm off to do some more Manic Monday chores, but I will keep you posted as Baby Watch 2008 continues!

No comments:


Blog Archive