Sunday, June 8, 2008

40+4 Update

It appears Peter is still on the slow cook plan over here. Once again, I'm thankful to be feeling as good as I do. We went to Mass this morning and we got lots and lots of "You're still here?!?" reactions. A handful of people asked when I'm due, and when I told them 4 days ago, their eyes got real wide and they looked a little startled, like if they stood too close to me the baby might come rocketing out into their arms or something! Funny! A few veteran moms said "You poor thing" and one said "Watch out, you'll end up with a 10-pounder!". Doh! It's definitely amusing to be this pregnant -- I feel like a ticking bomb that everyone is keeping an eye on. :).

I'm doing very well on walking a lot lately, but it hasn't really done anything to bring on contractions. My hips and pelvis just end up feeling tired and loosy goosy like a cooked chicken carcass :). But my dr said walking should help encourage Peter toward the exit sign, so I'll happily walk each and every day if there's a chance it can help things along. Today we stopped by the fair at our church after Mass, and the boys shared a funnel cake (a big hit, of course!) and then they jumped in a bounce house for a few minutes. Thomas was very eager to try it out, and Jack was eager until it came time to take off his shoes and actually step in. I think he was tired from a busy weekend, so he wasn't in the most flexible or cooperative mood, so David basically tossed him in there. And of course after about 30 seconds Jack realized how awesome bounce houses are and he and Thomas were jumping around like crazy. It was so fun to watch them! If I could have fit into the bounce house (alas, the tiny entrance was no match for my largesse), I would have been bouncing too :).

Tonight David cooked us up some tasty hamburgers on the BBQ and we tried grilled potatoes also, which were good but would have been better if they had crisped up a little. It was so nice to have everything cooked outside so we didn't heat up the house with the oven. I'm going to take another look at my June menu plan and see if we can work in more BBQ meals on weekends. And, being Sunday, I decided it would be a special treat if I made some chocolate shakes to go with the burgers, so we all enjoyed those.

On tap this week is a non-stress test on Tuesday morning, and another one on Friday morning followed by my next prenatal appointment. Tomorrow, being Manic Monday once again, is chore day, and the rest of the week we'll play by ear. Hopefully a few trips to the park and lots of walks. Mom and Dad plan to come down this week, which is awesome! It will be great to spend time with them and it would be great if Peter comes while they're here -- that would be very convenient :). I can't believe next Sunday is Father's Day! I asked David if there was anything special he wanted to do, and his answer was "Not be in the hospital" :), so ideally I will have had Peter and be home by then, or else maybe Peter will hold out until after Father's Day. We'll see! Although if I go to Mass next Sunday STILL pregnant, it's going to be crazy to hear people's reactions then!!

Oh, I've got some more recipes posted over on my Campbell Kitchen blog -- including a good marinade for chicken that we had this weekend.

No comments:


Blog Archive