Friday, June 27, 2008

And the answers are...

1 - Peter, aka Peelo (that's how Thomas says it!)
2 - Jack
3 - Thomas


Good guessing!!


Well, we survived the week -- I'm very glad that David is home today and Sunday. Peter has been really persnickety in the evenings lately and wants to be rocked/walked/bounced constantly, so it's very nice to be able to play Pass the Fussy Baby with David so at least one of us gets a little break. I'm tempted to try a pacifier to see if it will comfort Peter, but I'm not sure I want to go down the road of trying to break him of the habit when he gets older. Jack loved his pacifier and then it got lost when he was around 2 - 2 1/2 years old, and I didn't replace it. And it was a bit of a tough adjustment -- it might have been a coincidence, but that's about when Jack stopped taking such reliable naps. We'll see. A few more of these super fussy nights and I might try a pacifier to see if it helps, and if it really does, I'll probably be willing to deal with whatever consequences come later. It's funny, though, because even when I'm exhausted and Peter is fussing and I just want to crawl into bed for a solid 8 hours of sleep, I find myself very grateful to have a new baby again. I think of people who can't have kids, or who have been pregnant but have miscarried, and I'm grateful even for all the "inconveniences" that kids and babies come with. I also find myself thinking that I would be sad if Peter were our last child. This may end up being God's will for our family, and if that's the case I would do my best to accept it gracefully, but I really do hope we're blessed with more children. I look at pictures of Jack and Thomas when they were newborns, and it makes me excited to go through all of the firsts with Peter -- cooing, crawling, talking, walking, etc. And I hope we have more firsts to come after that, God willing.


Thankfully, I didn't have to go out anywhere this week. David did our grocery shopping after work one night, which was great. He insisted, and argued that he would be saving us gas also, and I can't disagree with that. So, for the time being that's one less weekly outing I'll have to worry about. It was weird spending the week at home -- I had been having a lot of dr's appointments and outings in the weeks leading up to Peter's birth, so it felt funny not going anywhere. We kept busy enough, though, with household chores, playing in the pool, watering the garden, and working on a fence around my garden to keep the bunnies and squirrels out. I think we did well this week. Jack was a bit difficult, but yesterday and today he had much, much better days.

Other than that, I'm looking forward to having my normal body back! It's comforting that my tummy is getting smaller rather than larger now, but it's hard because I can't quite fit into my pre-pregnancy clothes, but there's no way I want to wear maternity clothes (and most of them are way too big or stretched out anyway). So this stage is like the opposite of early to mid-pregnancy when I felt "thick around the middle" but I didn't look pregnant at all yet. Ugh! I know it takes time for the pregnancy weight to melt away, so I'm trying to be patient, but I'm definitely looking forward to wearing my regular size again. And I know trying to cut back on calories now is a bad idea since it can affect my milk supply, which obviously would not be good for Peter. Plus, I would be miserable if I even tried since I have a pretty hearty appetite these days.

No comments:


Blog Archive