Saturday, May 31, 2008

Great time at the Air Show


David, the boys, and I enjoyed our adventure at the Ramona Air Show this morning. We got to see lots of cool airplanes land and take off, we saw 3 CDF planes drop red, white, and blue fire retardant, and we walked around all the parked airplanes and got to see them up close. Jack kept running around shouting "These are the coolest planes EVER!" and various sorts of exclamations like that --- he was so thrilled! One of my favorite planes was a WWII Avenger, a Navy torpedo plane that went on aircraft carriers (it's wings were in a folded position like it would be on a carrier, to take up less space) -- and one of it's nicknames was The Pregnant Beast, which I thought was funny :).

After we had a good look at all the airplanes, it was lunchtime so we decided to go out to Denny's as a treat. We got the boys some kids' chocolate shakes with their lunches, which they thought was awesome. Then we headed home and BOTH boys took a 3+ hour nap!!

During that time, David and I had a chance to relax and watch some DVD shows, and I toyed around with some little sewing projects for the boys. It's been a very relaxing Saturday so far, and the weather is great.

I'm still feeling good -- no signs that labor is on its way yet, but that's OK. I read about a woman who was thankful for the "mystery" of not knowing when her baby would be born (as opposed to the times she had been induced/c-section and knew exactly when the baby was coming), so I'm taking that to heart. As frustrating as it is to NOT know when Peter is coming, it is also kind of cool (and one of the rare times in my life) that I don't know what the heck is going on, so I'm trying to enjoy all the mystery and excitement and anxious awaiting that come along with that.

3 comments:

Victoria said...

I am quite used to having no idea what is going on (I will hold off on an explanatory self-deprecating comment and allow you to make your own interpretation. I am also on call--yet again!--and I don't know what is going to happen). Still, I have been checking your blog obsessively, even while realizing you probably won't stop to post about going into labor. Still...

I'm praying for you, David, and the boys, including Peter!

Anonymous said...

It was a beautiful day Kathy. Thanks for sharing it with me. Tomorrow I'm going to get some bloosum set for my tomatoes. Your whole household is so great.

GrammyG said...

Such a wonderful adventure. It is nice to share the great "being" stories as you post them. It sounds like great family fun. I am so excited that you are creating such glorious memories, and hearing how the boys are reacting to such good times. Also nice was a 3 hour nap for both of them, and 3 relaxing hours for you and David.
Enjoy!


Blog Archive