Tuesday, June 24, 2008

David's Aunt Charlotte and Aunt Madeliene...

made each of our boys quilts when they were born. The quilts for Peter both arrived yesterday (even though Charlotte and Madeliene live on opposite sides of the country!), and they're gorgeous. I wanted to take pictures of Peter with his quilts, and I thought it would be a good idea to get some photos of Jack and Thomas on their quilts also.

Aunt Madeliene's quilt -- the top right corner is folded back so you can see the back (which David immediately noticed "It's Dodger blue!!").

Aunt Charlotte's quilt
Jack and the quilts -- the top is actually Thomas's (from Aunt Charlotte) and the bottom is Jack's, from Aunt Madeliene (I mixed up the quilts while setting up the picture, and these photos turned out so nicely that I didn't get a chance to re-do them!)

Thomas and the quilts -- the top is actually Jack's quilt (from Aunt Charlotte), and the bottom is Thomas's (from Aunt Madeliene). I'll get some more photos of the kids with their own quilts soon!

All the boys and their quilts!

Let's see ... Manic Monday yesterday was a little crazy, but we made it. Thomas's eyes have been red and irritated since last week (you can tell in his picture above), so I got him an appointment to see the dr yesterday morning to make sure he didn't have pink eye. I'm so grateful for Kim, who offered to help wrangle the boys while I took Thomas to the dr -- she met us at the dr's office and kept the boys entertained while I tried to nurse a mad Peter, and then she sat in the waiting room with Jack while I took Thomas and Peter in to the exam room. And then she sat with all three boys in the car while I zipped into Target and got Thomas some eye drops. She was such a huge help! Fortunately, the dr said Thomas's eyes are most likely irritated by allergies, chemical (like sunscreen, which is a distinct possibility), or the sun. They should get better in a few days and some saline drops will help soothe them. I'm grateful it wasn't a bacterial infection which would mean washing his hands every time he touched his eyes, washing his pillow and bedding every day, etc. -- more work than I'd like to take on at this point!

Other than that, the boys had a pretty good day. They played in their wading pool and watched movies while I folded clothes. Today, so far, is also going pretty well. I did some chores in the front yard while the boys rode bikes in the garage, carport, and driveway, and then they played in their wading pool in the carport. I find that if I sit still for too long I get sleepy and start to nod off :), but if I keep moving then I can keep myself awake. Thankfully, I really don't feel as overwhelmed or as stressed as I thought I would at this point, and I'm grateful for an extra helping of patience that God is most certainly sending my way. Tomorrow, if I'm feeling brave enough, I may actually venture out to the grocery store for a couple of things. David has offered to do whatever shopping I need him to do, but I figure ... what's the worst that can happen if I try it on my own? (Tune in tomorrow and you'll find out!)

1 comment:

KB. said...

Very cute picture and beautiful quilts!!

Each picture of the kids really does capture something about their personality. I love it!


Blog Archive