Saturday, June 21, 2008

A few pictures

Jack and Thomas (so far) adore Peter ... but I can tell Peter is going to have to grow up tough in order to survive this brotherly love. Sometimes overeager big brothers think squeezing harder = "I love you more" :).

Peter's freshly combed mane of hair.
We had a good outing at the park this morning. It was our second outing with all 5 of us -- the first being a checkup at the doctor for Peter last week. Jack and Thomas played very nicely at the park and got to burn off some of their energy before it got too hot (it's supposed to be 104 here today!). Peter slept through the whole outing, which was nice.

Tonight we go to mass for the first time together as a family. I'm on Peter duty, obviously, and David will take on Jack and Thomas. Wish us luck! Hopefully Peter will sleep through mass, but we'll see. Directly after mass is a farewell dinner for our pastor, who is transfering to another parish in about a week. I'm looking forward to the dinner, but I'm a little nervous about how all of our boys will hold up. David and I might take separate cars in case the boys get crazy and I have to bail out early.

Tomorrow, June 22nd, is Jack and Thomas's feast day! Since we're going to mass tonight we won't be going tomorrow morning, so I think I'll use the extra time to make a nice breakfast. Maybe doughnuts? I actually have some doughnut dough in the freezer -- I can't think of a better occasion for doughnuts than the boys' feast day and the last day before David returns to work. Peter's feast day will be June 29th, the feast of Sts. Peter and Paul, until Fulton Sheen is canonized -- and then we'll go with whatever date is chosen as Fulton Sheen's feast day.
Finally, wish us luck in selling my little white car! We finally got it all cleaned up and ready to go, and we placed our ad today. It will be great to get it sold and to use the money to hopefully refinance our house before it loses too much more of its value.

1 comment:

nikki said...

Soooo cute. I am jealous of all of Peter's hair! Abby seems to be focusing all her energy on growing new chubby rolls, as opposed to hair.


Blog Archive