Thursday, May 22, 2008

My house is quiet!

In a VERY rare occurrence, both Jack and Thomas are asleep right now! My house is silent ... it's nice, but a little unnerving. Even when Jack takes his quiet time, I can usually hear him talking and singing to himself, rustling around in his room, etc. so it's not totally quiet.

We went to the San Diego Zoo today after my dr's appointment this morning, so that must have really tuckered the boys out. It was a great day for the Zoo -- not too crowded, a little overcast so it wasn't too hot, and we got to see lots of animals. We saw the Sea Lion show, which Jack especially loved. And both boys got a kick out of the hippo exhibit and the Insanely Huge Bugs exhibit :) -- Jack specifically requested that we see this one again, even though we just saw it a few weeks ago. We also saw Bearded Pigs, which I think was one of Thomas's favorites. They were cute in a bristly, beardy kind of way. Anyway, it was a good outing!

My dr's appointment went well, although I tested positive for being a carrier of Group B strep bacteria. Apparently it's a fairly common thing -- some women just carry the bacteria on their skin, and it doesn't pose any problems. But when a baby is born it can pick up some of the bacteria from the mother and become infected, so to prevent that I'll just have to have antibiotics during labor. And fortunately they're going to put an IV heplock in my arm, which will allow me to be connected and disconnected to the IV machine when needed, so I won't be tied to the IV pole the entire time I'm there.

Here are some pictures - one of today's visit to the Zoo and the other of the boys relaxing on our futon while we played a board game the other day.


2 comments:

GrammyG said...

OH, how cute. I can't wait to someday go to the zoo with the boys. It sounds like they really enjoy going there. It does remind me when we went to the zoo. It was a big trip, but then we didn't live so close. It seems like you are enjoying "being" with them. That is wonderful to enjoy your being a mother, even through the frustrating times.
God bless your family(David working so hard outside of the home) to allow you to stay home and mother (hard work inside the home). It is a gift and a blessing.

Victoria said...

I love how frequently you're posting, Kathy! (Apparently, I will be matching that in my own way by commenting frequently.) The boys are so precious and I love the picture of them and the hiphopopotamus...er, hippopotamus. I wanted to echo what GrammyG (who is totally awesome, BTW) says--I'd also love to go to the zoo with the boys someday. Or go anywhere with them, for that matter.


Blog Archive