Monday, May 12, 2008

Birthday Pictures


Here's the black train cake that I made for the boys' birthday. The cake is covered with a chocolate clay (which was semisweet chocolate + light corn syrup + a lot of black food coloring) that is chewy like Tootsie Rolls. The train engine and coal car are modeled after a black electric train that we get out at Christmastime. The boys love it because Grandpa Campbell gave it to us, and the engine smokes when you put little oil drops in the smokestack. The blue train car is supposed to be a caboose (Jack specifically requested blue), but I didn't look at a picture of a caboose before making it (and to be honest, I was tired by the time I got to it!), so it looks more like an automobile car than a train car. Oh well!

And here are some more shots of the boys and their new baseball gear. They love their Dodger hats!




2 comments:

GrammyG said...

Most awesome train. I'm sure the boys let you know how great it was.
Their baseball gear looks so cool. I'm sure David is excited to get started with the boys and some sort of T-ball or just playing catch.
You have so much energy, but then I guess that is required with all those men in your family.
Take time for yourself(haha), I know how easy that is.

KB. said...

Very, very impressive!!!!


Blog Archive