Thursday, May 29, 2008

Not much news

I had a good, uneventful, dr's appoinment today. Everything looks good --- blood pressure is fine, and the dr said Peter "isn't getting too big yet" :). He asked if I've been having contractions (I've had some, but nothing painful and nothing regular) and since I really haven't had much of any, he didn't check to see if I'm dilated at all. And that's fine with me -- I'm a little curious, but would truthfully be a tiny bit disappointed if I weren't dilated at all yet. So it was a quick appointment and I go back next Thursday for my 40 week +1 day appointment. If I haven't had Peter by then, I'll have to start going in for twice-weekly monitoring at the hospital make sure Peter is tolerating this last part of pregnancy OK. If they feel like he's in distress they'll start an induction, otherwise they'll let me go to about 42 weeks and then they'll do the induction. I would really love to go into labor on my own, at some point, so if you can spare some prayers for that I would really appreciate it!

Kim went with us to the appointment today so I could go into the exam room without 2 crazy boys running around, and then we had a picnic lunch at the park near Kim and Michael's apartment afterward -- it was lovely! Next Thursday also happens to be Kim's next appointment, so we get to carpool once again. It's weird to think that if I do go 2 weeks overdue, Kim will be 37 weeks along, so close to full term herself!

Our garden is doing very well -- I finally took some updated pictures today. I have 6 tomato plants (3 large with tiny green tomatoes on them, and 3 small ones), 2 pumpkin plants, 2 cucumber plants, a row of lettuce, a mangled row of carrots (something came by and ate a bunch of the tops off), and I started some basil and peppermint seeds but haven't seen them sprout yet. It's such a neat feeling to be growing some of our own food!
(Left to right) pumpkin and cucumber, another pumpkin, 3 tomato plants, a row of lettuce, a tiny row of carrots, and 3 large tomato plants:
Cucumber plant (top left) and monster pumpkin plant:

Jack and Thomas checking for baby green tomatoes:

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Kathy,

I'll be praying for you and Peter.

Noree'


Blog Archive