Wednesday, May 28, 2008

39 Weeks and a Good Dental Visit!

A week from today is my due date. I had predicted May 25th as Peter's birthday, but that (obviously) came and went without any fanfare. I know feelings don't account for much, since I could go into labor at any time without necessarily feeling like it's imminent, but I just don't feel like Peter is ready to come out yet. I'm feeling very good, which I'm thankful for, but I also feel like I could just go on being pregnant forever at this rate! My mind is playing tricks on me, though -- very weird, vivid dreams, and sometimes even a panicked feeling when I first wake up that my huge pregnant belly is inexplicably gone (of course that's remedied as soon as I try and roll over or get out of bed). So maybe some sort of pre-labor hormones are wreaking havoc on my mind, which might be progress. Some days I also have to work hard to keep an even mood -- without being too impatient with the boys or generally cranky. But overall I'm feeling very good for being this far along, and I honestly don't feel too disheartened by the thought of having to wait another week or two (or three) until Peter comes. There are actually a few things I'd like to be able to do without worrying about recovering from childbirth/caring for a newborn -- like the Ramona Air show (this weekend) and our church's annual Country Fair (next weekend). So thinking about possibly getting to enjoy those outings with David and the boys is buoying my spirits also.

I was SO proud of Jack and Thomas today. They both had dental checkups (Thomas's very first, and Jack's third?, although up until now Jack has always been too scared to get X-rays or a cleaning done). Jack did so well!! I couldn't be anywhere near the X-ray machine, so I explained that to him and he did just fine! He cooperated completely with the dental assistants, and let them clean his teeth, check for cavities (none!) and put fluoride on. I can't believe how different (and grown up) he is from the last time we were there -- just about 6 months ago. Thomas didn't need X-rays or a cleaning since he's so little, but the dentist did do a quick visual check just to make sure there was no decay, and he looked great also! Thomas was a little worried about having his teeth checked, but he opened his mouth really wide when they asked him to, and was generally very cooperative. I'm really relieved to have that appointment taken care of, and to have had it go so well.

Tomorrow is my next pre-natal checkup, so I'll update again if there's anything interesting to tell!

2 comments:

GrammyG said...

That is so exciting that both boys did well for their dental check ups. I am especailly pleased that Jack cooperated with the exray tech. Good job Jack!
I sure can understand your desire to hold out a bit on Peter's delivery, since you have things you would like to attend this weekend and next. They both sound like things the whole family will enjoy. I just pray that Peter comes before he gets too big.
Please enjoy every moment you can now. Life will get a bit more crazy once Peter is here, however, as you must know already, the time does go quickly. The good thing is I'm sure Jack and Thomas will step up and be big helpers for you.
See you soon, and love to all.

nikki said...

Yay! Thank you for sending me your blog address. I'm linking to it from my blog. So jealous that Victoria got to see you all recently - your boys are SO DARNED CUTE.


Blog Archive