Sunday, May 4, 2008

Back online

Our computer is acting up, but thanks to my dad and his generous offer to let us borrow a laptop until our computer is up and running, I'm back!

I have some meatier posts lined up for the next couple of days, but I just wanted to pop in with a quick update tonight. David and I just had a lovely weekend to ourselves while the boys stayed with Grammy and Poppi. Friends from church had given us a gift certificate to a bed and breakfast in Julian (about 35 minutes east of Ramona, up in the mountains a bit). And the certficate included a 4-course dinner! We definitely enjoyed the getaway, the food, and the chance to be kid-free for a couple of days before we add another kid to the craziness! It was very relaxing and rejuvenating. Jack and Thomas had a great time at Grammy and Poppi's also.

Otherwise, we're closing in on the final 4-5 weeks of pregnancy here! I doubt my doctor will let me go much longer than 1 week overdue, so I'm figuring that I have about 5.5 weeks of pregnancy left, max. Somehow it's very comforting to put a cap on the time left, since this last month of pregnancy is proving to be a little uncomfortable. Fortunately, my hip is feeling less painful, but my hands and feet are retaining water, and that doesn't feel very good. I don't have much hand strength since the extra fluid makes it hard for me to close them tightly, and they go numb if I hold them in certain positions (I guess the extra fluid pushes on nerves or something). My doctor says that the best thing I can do is drink plenty of water and try to put my feet up, but I don't get many chances to do that during the day. So ... I'm counting on things staying kind of uncomfortable from here to the end, but I can definitely endure 5.5 more weeks!

I'm going to sign off and spend the rest of my evening relaxing with David, but I will post my May meal plan since I did actually manage to fill it all in, and that's a huge relief. I have some great recipes that I plan to post over on the Campebell's Kitchen blog, hopefully later this week!

5/1 - Gnocchi and red sauce, garlic cheese bread
5/2 - Dinner out
5/3 - Dinner out
5/4 - Hamburgers, spicy oven potato wedges, fruit
5/5- Taco boats
5/6 - Rosemary lemon pepper chicken over a salad, herb bread
5/7 - Breakfast for dinner (oven french toast?)
5/8 - Italian sausage sandwiches or hot dogs (Thomas' birthday dinner)
5/9 - Roast beef, biscuits, vegetable (Jack's birthday dinner)
5/10 - Nachos with pinto beans
5/11 - Chicago style deep dish pizza
5/12 - Leftover pizza
5/13 - Strata
5/14 - Teriyaki chicken stir fry
5/15 - Black bean tacos
5/16 - Baked tilapia or fried trout, cornbread
5/17 - Skillet dinner (kielbasa, peppers, potatoes, onions), molasses cheese bread
5/18 - Carnitas burritos or tacos, refried beans, chips and salsa
5/19 - Leftover carnitas
5/20 - Broccoli, cheese, potato quiche
5/21 - Hamburger stroganoff
5/22 - BLTs, deviled eggs, fruit salad
5/23 - Macaroni and cheese
5/24 - Enchiladas
5/25 - Kabobs
5/26 - Leftover kabobs
5/27 - Pasta primavera, garlic cheese bread
5/28 - Roast chicken, biscuits, gravy, vegetable
5/29 - Leftover chicken
5/30 - Red beans and rice
5/31 - Spaghetti and meatballs

No comments:


Blog Archive