Sunday, May 18, 2008

God bless...

Little old church ladies that look at me with disbelief when I tell them I'm due in 2 1/2 weeks and tell me I only look 7 months pregnant! It may be a big fat white lie on their part, but I love hearing that. I don't think you'll ever go wrong telling a hugely pregnant lady that they are carrying "small" :).

I'm feeling pretty good ... definitely starting to feel like Peter could come at any moment now (although I'm thinking he'll probably be on time or late, like his brothers). But I also keep hearing that "every pregnancy is different" so there is a possibility that he could come a little early. I'm probably tempting fate since my hospital bag still isn't packed yet. I did make a list of what's suppposed to go in the bag, so that's a step in the right direction. I'm trying not to pack too much since, but I can't seem to shake the feeling that I'm forgetting a bunch of stuff that should go in there. You'd think I would have some idea of what to pack (being my 3rd kid and all!), but I forget exactly what I packed in my other bags.

I had a good ultrasound on Friday -- Peter is measuring exactly average for his gestational age. They estimated his current weight at 6lb 14oz. I was a little worried that it was a high weight, since he still has 2-4 weeks to fatten up, but apparently he's not on track to be a ginormous baby after all. Yay! And they took another look at his heart, brain, and amniotic fluid level as a routine part of the exam, and everything looks great there. And, also important, they affirmed that he is still a he.

So my week of crazy appointments is over. The boys had good checkups last Thursday -- they're growing well and are as healthy as can be. My little white car got tuned up, and sometime this week I'm going to try to get her detailed so we can put her on the market. I'd love to have her sold before Peter comes, but we'll see how that goes.

On tap this week is a trip to the doctor's for me on Thursday morning. It should be just a quick check on Peter's growth, and so after we're done with that I plan to take the boys to the Zoo since it's close to the doctor's office. Jack's special request is to see the hippopotamuses (hippopotami?), so we'll try to make that happen. Then David has a BBQ for work on Thursday evening, and we're all going to that. Then he has a 4-day-weekend!

I'm predicting that Peter will come on May 25th (no particular reason, that date just popped into my head) so we'll see if that happens. Fortunately I'm feeling pretty good, so if I go overdue hopefully I won't be terribly uncomfortable. Let the wait begin!

No comments:


Blog Archive