Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Jack and Thomas funnies

Just a quick post about some funny things Jack and Thomas have been saying lately:

#1 -- I was making soup a while ago and pulled out my jar of beef base from the fridge. Jack asked me what it was, and I opened the container and told him it was "beef bouillon". He gave me a puzzled look and said "Beef Poop-yon? ... Is it stinky?". (The beef base is, after all, an unfortunate color). And I thought his mispronunciation was hilarious, so I started laughing. Thomas and Jack quickly caught on that this was a great way to get me in stitches, so they both started repeating "beef poop-yon" over and over again, much to their delight! I haven't used the beef base in a while, so it was seemingly forgotten, but last night, the boys had just gone to bed but were making lots of noise in their room. I walked in to see what the ruckus was all about, and Jack giggled "beef poop-yon!" and they both laughed. It reminded me of when Kim and I shared a room when we were kids, and we would go into long giggling fits over the silliest things ... until Mom called out down the hall "GOODNIGHT, GIRLS!". It made me remember what fun it was to share a room with a sibling!!

#2 -- One of Thomas's newest phrases is "I got it". If he's trying to do something a little above his ability, he doesn't always like giving in to help. If I offer help, he'll insist "I got it, Mom!" and will repeat insistenly if I try to help him. For some reason, it makes him sound way older than he is!

1 comment:

GrammyG said...

If you didn't think you were already having fun, now it surely begins. It is wonderful to be able to communicate and see the world through your children's eyes and ears. It sounded like so much fun. I can't wait to see you all, especially having the boys up here. We are planning to have a great time, as I know you and David will also.
See you on 4/19,
Love to all!


Blog Archive