Friday, October 30, 2009

Wild boys




So far, the best word to describe the weather in Buffalo is "gray". It's not terribly cold (yet), but most days it's either drizzling, raining, or threatening to. The other day I posted about the beautiful fall leaves being a "nature's bonus", but now I realize they do have a purpose -- they are a gift from God to brighten up the dreary grayness a little :). It definitely makes me appreciate (and miss) all the days of sunshine that we get in San Diego.
The boys are doing pretty well, but they seem to be having a delayed reaction to the move and the new routine. They were so good for the first week and a half -- Jack did his schoolwork eagerly, and they were reasonably good natured and obedient. Let me tell you, this last week or so has been really rough -- I feel mentally and emotionally exhausted by the end of the day just trying to keep the peace here. Jack is really resisting his schoolwork, and they've been picking fights and having tantrums about the tiniest of things. Even Peter is getting in on it -- one of his new tricks is to plug his ears and then do his loudest and longest baby shout (so loud it makes Jack and Thomas cry!). I fully expected some adjustment period for the boys, but it's a little different and a little more trying than I expected. Fortunately, I am blessed with a pretty stubborn nature, and I am doing pretty well at not playing into their drama.
Tomorrow we're heading to a Halloween get-together with one of David's co-workers and his young family. The boys are going as Jedi knights, so we'll be sure to get pictures of them in costume. Monday morning, Peter's cast comes off, and I am really looking forward to that so we don't have to worry about it getting wet (which is a concern when the ground is almost always soggy here!).



No comments:


Blog Archive