Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Ever wonder...

what it would look like if all of your family's clothes were put through the washing machine and thrown into a "To Fold" pile?

How about something like this:
Augh -- my eyes!
In theory, any clothes that went into the moving boxes clean should have come out clean, 1.5 weeks later, but I felt funny just putting them away. They seemed contaminated with invisible moving dust, somehow, so I went ahead and ran everything through the wash. Never before has Mount Washmore looked as much like Mount Everest!
In other (better) news ... we have renters for our house!!! They're set to move in next month -- they're a military couple with a small dog, and they passed all the screening and checks with flying colors. I'm so glad the house won't be vacant anymore, and the rental income will definitely come in handy.

2 comments:

KB. said...

AAAAAA!!!! That is one scary Mt. Washmore! I'm so sorry for you! You know my approach, just pick through it on "as-needed" basis. I mean, why go through folding it all when you just have to pack it again in a few months? Just have a collective family clothes pile. Pick out what you need, then if you dirty it, you wash it, and when it is washed and dried, just throw it back on the top of the pile. :)

Congrats on your renting news! that's really great and I'm glad it's a nice family. :)

Love you and I'm sorry I can't fly out and help with the laundry! I guess I will not complain as much when my Mt. Washmore is more like a hill than a mountain!

Kim said...

I'm glad you have renters... maybe as a good gesture you can send them a welcome gift... like a fruit basket or cookie bouquet...

Ugh.. all those clothes... hopefully you don't have to iron them all...


Blog Archive