Thursday, October 15, 2009

Bundled up




These are the boys' "lighter" winter jackets. I found some neat 2-in-1 jackets with these inner jackets and removable outer jackets and hoods. These are working well so far to keep out the chill (it's around 36 here today, with the wind chill factor). Let me tell you, though, it is quite a production to get everyone dressed in just this much -- long pants, shirts, sweaters, jackets, socks, shoes, and gloves. When we have to add snow bibs, snow boots, hats, mittens, and outer jackets to the list, it's going to be interesting! It is cute, though, how the more clothes you add, the puffier the kids get. When I pick up Peter in his jacket I can feel a little "poof" of air escape :).
Now the weather forecast is looking like there is a good chance of snow showers tonight through Sunday. It's not supposed to accumulate much, but it will be neat watching the snowflakes falling, and I know the boys will be eager to get outside and run around in it.
Today, our downstairs neighbors came by and introduced themselves! It's actually an older husband and wife ... I thought it was just an older man. They both seem very sweet, and the woman was so tickled by our cookies and apology note. She said she can tell the boys are walking much more softly in the past few days, and she said not to worry too much because she understands that they're little boys with lots of energy. It's funny ... she said that the boys have "good Christian names", and then she paused for a second and said "... I hope" (as if she didn't want to offend me in case I wasn't Christian), and I told her we were Catholic, and it turns out they go to Catholic church down the road that we went to on Sunday! And they also spent many years living in San Diego, of all places! So it was a good meeting, and I feel much better that we're on good neighborly terms now.
Tonight David and I have a date to watch the Dodger's playoff game after the kids go to bed ... with proper baseball snacks like nachos and honey roasted peanuts. I'm looking forward to it! Tomorrow David is off, and we were hoping to visit one of the local parks, but we'll see how the weather does.


4 comments:

GrammyG said...

How awesome! What a small world. It seems perfect the way HIS plan is working. I am glad that you were able to meet the neighbors and find someone nice and compassionate to your little men. What a plus that they go to your neighborhood Catholic Church.
I can't wait to hear about the boys introduction to the snow, how cool.
Love to all

KB. said...

I'm glad about the neighbor thing! That's great news!

I LOVE the pictures. How did Peter grow up so big in a week's time?? He looks so different! Aw, they are so cute.

Enjoy the snow! Today is another warm day in San Diego. I am really hoping for some cold!

Kim said...

thanks for posting new pictures. We have such a good time looking at them. The boys are growing up so quickly and they are getting more and more handsome with each picture.

Funny how things work out... with your neighbor, I do hope that they become good friends to you and/or at least a spiritual support.

Take care...

Kim said...

Oh, one more thing... vaseline... buy vaseline incase the boy's faces get chapped.


Blog Archive