Monday, October 19, 2009

Peter's ankle not in the clear yet

This morning, the Urgent Care office called me and said "Well, we had a radiologist look at Peter's X-rays, and he thinks there might be a buckle fracture there after all...". So, they've scheduled us an appointment this afternoon (at 2:45PM -- smack in the middle of naptime!) with an orthopedist to check it out.

Of course, I'm very glad that someone took another look at the X-ray, and that they called us to let us know, but it's frustrating to be right back in the "it might be broken" camp again. I'm kind of hoping the orthopedist will look at the X-rays and tell us that he doesn't see anything there, and then we'll be back to ankle sprain, but I'm preparing myself for another baby cast. In any case, I'm glad we're getting it looked at closely, because I'd hate to mess with his growing ankle and have things heal improperly and cause him long-term problems. I'm also very grateful that it's very minor, as injuries and illnesses go, and we've done this before with a toddler, so we can do it again if we need to!

No comments:


Blog Archive