Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Sick and tired

But very, very happy about it!

We're expecting another baby, and so far things are going very well. I've been a little nervous since we miscarried last summer, plus all the added stress of moving and having to scramble to find a new doctor in a new state, but thankfully everything seems healthy so far. I feel pregnant (queasy, tired, and "fat" :)) which is definitely more than I felt in the pregnancies that I miscarried. So, I'm taking it as a good sign. I don't have an official doctor-approved due date yet, but I believe I'm due the week of Thanksgiving. My in utero nickname for this little one until we find out the gender might just have to be "Turkey" :). Since we'll be leaving CO in early to mid October, I'll be delivering this little one in another state (very likely VA), so that should be interesting! I'm hopeful that I'll be able to find a good doctor and hospital that I can transfer my care to once we arrive.

I was able to find a new OB here, and I go to my first appointment with her tomorrow. It's too early to hear a heartbeat or anything, but I'll feel relieved to be under a doctor's care, and hopefully at the next appointment we'll be able to hear it. The boys are going to a childcare place that caters to parents who need someone to watch their kids while they run errands, have a dr's appointment, that kind of thing, so I think they'll have much more fun there than they would sitting with me in the dr's office. I plan to bring them with me for easy, quick appointments in the future so they can hear the baby's heartbeat and everything, but I know this first appointment will be extra long with paperwork and all that. I dislike leaving the boys with total strangers, but the stress of leaving them there for a couple of hours pales in comparison to trying to take them with me and keep them all well-behaved for that long! After my appointment is done, I'm going to take them out to lunch (McDonald's is their pick!), so that should be fun. I remember how going out to lunch with Mom was a treat when we were kids, so I look forward to creating the same memories with the boys.

Anyway, we'd appreciate any extra prayers for the health of this newest Campbell. Jack is excited because he's sure this one will be a girl (his name picks so far include Mary (which I thought was sweet!), Phoebe, Lily, and Zoe). We'll see -- I'm just hopeful for a healthy baby!

5 comments:

nikki said...

Yaaaay! Congratulations, Campbells! :) So excited and happy for you -- will definitely be praying for you and your littlest one!

GrammyG said...

I am sorry that you are sick and tired, however, I do agree, it has to feel good when it feels right for being pregnant.
Always our prayers and lots of love

KB. said...

!!!!!! The more Campbell kids the better!!!!!!

Victoria said...

I just wanted to echo all the above comments! Congratulations to you, Dave, and the boys! I would also like to make a plug for delivering in Virginia--the people born there can be very neat! (I'm talking about my siblings, not myself.) Woo hoo! I will also be praying for y'all--so excited to see you guys as soon as I possibly can :) Love you!

Noree said...

awwww congratulations! I will definitely be praying for you and the baby.

Jack is so cute with his name suggestions.


Blog Archive