Thursday, April 22, 2010

Praying for a miracle

Things aren't looking too good for the newest baby Campbell. The dr did an ultrasound at my appointment today and the baby measured very small, and she couldn't find a heartbeat. I should be 9 weeks along, so we really should have seen a heartbeat, some movement, etc. She did note that there was a tiny chance that the machine wasn't getting a good reading, or the baby was in a funny position, so she scheduled me for a follow-up ultrasound ext Tuesday the 27th with an ultrasound technician and a better machine, so it's remotely possible that everything will look OK, but the doctor really didn't want to give me too much hope. Strangely enough, I still feel totally pregnant and have had no indications that anything is wrong (unlike my other miscarriages). I go back and forth between whether this gives me a little more hope, or whether it's torture to be still feeling sick from a pregnancy that is no longer viable. Darnit, I wish I could have a re-do of today!

Despite the normal confusion, sadness, and disappointment that I'm feeling right now, I'm actually doing pretty well emotionaly and spiritually. I feel at peace with whatever happens on Tuesday. I know Christ will give us the strength and grace to get through this -- He has before and He will again. I am going to be bold enough to pray for a miracle, but also for healing and strength for whatever is in store for us -- I would be so grateful if you join me in this prayer!

6 comments:

nikki said...

So sorry to read this, Kathy -- we're praying for you all, and we love you!

KB. said...

Praying, praying, praying, praying. We love you so much!

Victoria said...

Again, I agree wholeheartedly with both of the above. You and the family are in my prayers. I love you and could not hope for a better friend!

Unknown said...

Prayers headed your way for strength and grace.

kmartinic said...

Hi Kathy... I'm so sorry... your post made me cry. There is a plan, you just don't know it yet and it will be the best plan of all. I believe that whole-heartedly as I thank God daily for my plan.

Anonymous said...

We're praying for you, Kathy and David.

Pat & David K


Blog Archive