Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Swamp walk

There is a neat walking platform above a swamp near us, so the boys and I took a swamp walk today to check it out.
They thought it was cool since we've never seen a swamp before. It just felt good to be out walking in the sunshine with the birds singing, although I did have reassure Thomas that there aren't any alligators in this swamp, and Jack declared that it was "stinky" the whole way through :). Peter loved saying Hi to the geese and ducks that we saw, and it was cute to watch him run-toddle along the wooden pathways (and thump to his heart's content!) without worrying about making too much noise on the floors.
We saw lots of Canadian geese, which still honk as loudly as other geese and gave us menacing glances, but for some reason they seem classier than regular geese. There were lots of other people out on the walking paths, and it seems like Buffalo is coming alive again after a long winter. I'm not sure if more wintry weather is in the forecast for our remaining 3 weeks here (3 weeks!!!) but it sure feels like spring is here to stay, and I am thankful for that. I'm also thankful that they boys have been better behaved since Monday's craziness, so my sanity is on the mend. This Friday, if the weather holds, we're planning to make our trip to Canada! We have our passports, and the kids just need their birth certificates, so I think we're set (although for some weird reason I have a mild fear that we'll have unexpected trouble getting back into the country!). I'm sure it will be a good adventure, and we'll be sure to take lots of pictures.


















1 comment:

KB. said...

I am glad your geese are more sophisticated that San Diego geese (jerks!).

Looks like a fun adventure!! I can't to have a few of those adventures in CO. By the way, I'm proud of Peter for keeping up so well! He's a trooper!


Blog Archive