Sunday, March 28, 2010

The Beginning of the Lasts

It's hard to believe, but we're just about 10 days away from moving to Colorado. A week from tomorrow, the movers come to take everything that won't be traveling on the plane with us. A week from Tuesday, the car movers come to take our cars. We're quickly heading into what I like to think of as the beginning of the "lasts" -- last trip to the library, last Mass, last grocery store trip, etc. in Buffalo. It's very exciting, but also a little overwhelming. I'm sort of determined to leave Buffalo with about the same amount of stuff as we arrived with (even a little less would be awesome!), so I'm trying to eliminate as much excess as I can. Granted, the movers are coming to do all the hard work, so it's not like *I* have to box the stuff up and physically load it and unload it myself -- so technically I could drag along as much stuff as I want and it wouldn't really be more or less work for me. However, I will be the one unpacking and re-homing everything in Colorado, and the thought of trying to find a spot for too many odds and ends is a little wearying!

It should be an interesting 10 days -- lots of orgazining, throwing stuff away, packing, cleaning, and trying to undo some of the marks that 3 little boys have left in our little apartment. Probably a fair amount of DVDs for the kids while I squeeze in cleaning and some eating out when our food supplies get low. Lots of excitement about our new adventure, but maybe also a little nervousness about leaving the comfort and familiarity of our home and routine in Buffalo for the past 6 months.

If you think of it, we'd appreciate your prayers this week and next! I'll be sure to offer up our moving work and stress for the intentions of our families and friends.

No comments:


Blog Archive