Monday, March 10, 2008

Nothing too new around here

I just posted a handful of good pictures below this post, so be sure to check them out :).

Nothing too new is going on around here. It's been a crazy week -- David was really sick with the flu all of last week, and I feel like we're all still playing catch-up. Fortunately, it seems like the boys and I managed to escape the illness. Last week Thomas managed to lock himself in the house for about 30 minutes while Jack and I were in the front yard. Thomas was in the house and locked the door from the garage to the house, and I didn't have my keys and all of the windows were locked. It was late morning, and David was still asleep since he was home sick, so I thought about my options -- taking the door off the hinge, breaking into a window, getting up onto the roof and making my way to the back deck so I could open the unlocked sliding glass door (I did consider this for a few seconds, but ruled it out once I reminded myself that I am 7 months pregnant!!) -- OR making enough racket outside to wake up David and have him unlock the door, so I opted for the last choice. Thankfully, David heard my knocking and doorbell-ringing after a few minutes and saved the day. Poor Thomas was scared (he was perfectly safe inside, thankfully) because he didn't know what to do. I kept trying to talk him through unlocking the door which he had locked, but he didn't understand what I was asking of him, and that made him cry all the harder. But, he recovered quickly and we survived :).

Other than that, I passed my sugar test so I don't have gestational diabetes, which is great. My blood work did show that I was anemic, so I'm taking a bunch of iron, but that's no big deal. I'm hoping that maybe some of my tiredness lately has been due to the anemia, so hopefully I'll get more energy back soon. It could also be that I'm 7 months pregnant and chasing after 2 boys and that is enough to make me tired, but I'm holding out hope that it's something more easily fixed since I have things to take care of and really don't like feeling exhausted!

This month I'm working on finishing up the brush removal in the backyard. Our dumpster arrived today!! I'm so excited! Next month I'd like to start stockpiling good meals in our freezer for after Peter is born. This is the first pregnancy that I've had access to a large freezer (we bought it at a reasonable price from friends at church who were moving out of state and needed to unload it), so I look forward to taking advantage of it. I'm trying to think of good things to make that come out the freezer tasting good. I know lasagna is a good one, but David's not terribly fond of it. I think a chicken pot pie would be good, maybe enchiladas, spaghetti sauce, pizza dough, pre-cooked taco meat (apparently it freezes very well so you just have to reheat it and serve!). I just don't want to go to a lot of trouble to make stuff that isn't all that appetizing when we reheat it. Fortunately, I thought to defrost and scrub out the freezer last weekend before I start filling it, so it shouldn't give my food an "old freezer taste".

1 comment:

KB. said...

Aww!! Poor Thomas!!! I can imagine his frustration. I'm glad you didn't decide to climb on the roof. That would have been crazy!!


Blog Archive