Wednesday, March 19, 2008

29 Weeks

I couldn't really think of a more creative post for this title, so there you go. :). It's hard to believe that I hit 30 weeks next week. In my mind that means things are getting close! I still feel good, although my right hip is a little achy. I feel like my joints are loosening up (I've heard some pregnant moms refer to it as feeling like a cooked chicken, which I can relate to!). There's not much I can do about it, since it's not a muscle pain that can be massaged or anything, so I'm just trying to ignore it as best I can. I do find myself starting to waddle a little, though! Somehow that's just the way my hips want to move, although it makes me feel like I'm waddling because of my largesse.

The boys have been very sweet about baby Peter lately. Both Jack and Thomas kiss my tummy and Thomas says "I ya you!" (=I love you) to my tummy. The other day I was steaming milk with the espresso machine and it was making a lot of noise. Jack, with a concerned look on his face, came up to me and said "Mom, you're hurting Peter's ears!". It's funny that Peter is even on his radar yet, since he can't see him or interact with him.

Other than that, I'm still slowly working on the backyard. Our lemon trees (which I don't think we've gotten good fruit from yet) are starting to bloom, so I'm hopeful that we'll have a good lemon crop this year. There's nothing like fresh-squeezed lemonade!! And our little tomato, cucumber, basil, and pumpkin seedlings are all very happy. Thomas has loved a few of the seedlings a little too hard (i.e. squashed the daylights out of them), but Jack is very good about being gentle with them. I really hope these little plants survive the weather and wildlife long enough to give us some good crops!

1 comment:

GrammyG said...

It is awesome to hear about the bond the Boys are already developing for Peter. It will be so cool to see the bond increase as Peter is born.
It sounds like you have some big helpers already, as I'm sure you know, they enjoy being big boy helpers.
I am so impressed with all the preparations you are doing now for after the birth. If there is anything we can assist you in, I pray you will let us know.
Again, great job in all that you are doing. Your family is thriving because of all the "work" that you do everyday. I hope that you are giving yourself some needed TLC.
All our love to all,


Blog Archive