Monday, August 26, 2013

First Day of School


Today Jack started 4th grade, Thomas started 2nd grade, and Peter started Kindergarten!  They were all excited about their first day.  Peter did an excellent job at his schoolwork with me at home and finished in record time, leaving lots of time to play, read books with me, cook with me, etc.  It was a great first day and I was so pleased with his good attitude and willingness to learn!  We will walk over and pick up Jack and Thomas from their school in about 5 minutes and I can't wait to hear how their day was.  They could walk themselves home, since we live so close, but I figure it might be nice to meet them on their first day.

Thomas and Jack, as you can see from the photos, both chose to wear the same shirt on their first day .... and it just so happens to be a bacon T-shirt :).  They know it would make Poppi very proud!

The baby girl (name still not in concrete yet!) feels like she is running out of room with all of the stretching and squirming she is doing.  I suppose she might be starting to get as uncomfortable as I am :).  I do secretly chuckle when I go to turn on the blender or coffee grinder (or other loud appliance) and she literally jumps from the noise :).  We are all getting ready to meet her, and now it seems like since school has started time will only speed by faster and faster.  I actually think we are well-prepared, though, which probably means she will be 5 or 6 days late :).  But if she did decide to come this week or next, we are all set!

No comments:


Blog Archive