Thursday, August 15, 2013

Six weeks left

Six weeks from today is my scheduled c-section, in case I don't go into labor on my own. I'll be 1 week overdue at that point, so I really hope the baby has made her appearance by then, but I think it will likely be sometime during the week of Sept. 19th-26th, if past experience holds true.

In a way, 6 weeks seems like so long from now, but I know it will pass quickly. I think we are all set for most of the baby basics -- car seat, baby blankets, diapers, etc. We're getting closer to a name, but I don't think we're ready to announce it quite yet.

I'm feeling OK, and grateful that this pregnancy seems to be going pretty smoothly (no health problems for me or the baby), but I am starting to slow down quite a bit and just feel ... tired and introspective. Baby girl likes to kick and squirm a lot at night when I'm trying to sleep, and let me tell you that she is big enough and active enough that it really does not feel good! My sister Kim compared the feeling of the baby moving to a wriggly fish trapped inside a plasitc, water-filled bag. And she hit it spot on! At this point, though, the fish feels more like a fat, grouchy carp rather than a cute little carnival goldfish :). So I kind of avoid going to bed at night, which doesn't make me feel all that rested or cheerful the next day, but I am trying hard to be patient and pleasant with the boys. My mental and physical energy is largely taken up with being the life support system for this nearly full term baby and I find that it takes a lot more effort to feel like doing even basic stuff, let alone anything adventurous. But I know that's all normal at this point ... frustrating but normal.

The boys are all doing well. They are both looking forward to school starting in 1.5 weeks and dreading the end of summer. I'm not sure where I stand. I love having them home, and I like the more relaxed pace and schedule of summer, but I am excited about their new school, teachers, and classmates. Anyway, I will try to post updates in the coming weeks, and certainly photos of the new baby here, so stay tuned!

1 comment:

Victoria said...

Kathy, if I can follow complicated pregnancy math, does this mean you're full term in two weeks? How exciting! I'm sorry I've been out of touch, but I will be e-mailing you presently. The boys--especially Davy--look so grown up. And so handsome! I'm so excited to follow the Campbell Family adventures as more estrogen is added to the mix :)


Blog Archive