Monday, August 19, 2013

35+4 weeks








I'm usually the one behind the camera, but I asked Jack to take a picture of me today so that you all can see how big the baby girl is getting :).  I had my last OB appointment today with all 4 boys in tow, and it was also my last appointment before I start going weekly until the end.  I definitely feel like some sort of exotic zoo animal when I bring all 4 boys to my appointments.  I did manage to get a sitter for my last appointment, and that was lovely to be able to sit and read a magazine while I waited, but today the sitter wasn't available and honestly I didn't really feel like going to the trouble of arranging another one.  I sort of found the secret to getting through an appointment with the boys, so it's really not all that bad except for feeling like we are such a huge crowd in a tiny waiting area.  I let the boys take 15-minute turns on the iPad while we wait, and then when I actually go back in to the little exam room, I bring Davy and Peter with me and let Jack and Thomas sit out in the waiting room.  It wasn't that long ago that I would have felt they were too little or unreliable to do that, but at 9 and 7 years old they behave very well and it seems to work just fine.  Peter is a little indignant that he isn't allowed to stay out there with the big boys, but honestly he and Jack have had such an explosive relationship lately that I can't trust them to sit nicely next to each other for the little while that I'm back in the exam room.  So, he gets to come with me and listen to the baby's heartbeat, which I think is kind of neat anyway.

Today's appointment went great; no worries for me or the baby.  She is head down, which is great, and is active and everything seems to be going well so far! 

1 comment:

Victoria said...

Kathy, you are so beautiful! I think you should assign Jack photography duties more frequently :) It's good to hear everything is still going well. You remain in my prayers, as always!


Blog Archive