Friday, January 15, 2010

I scream, you scream, we all scream for...

snow cream!

Papa Wade was the one who first suggested that we try making this treat -- he had it as a kid and remembered how delicious it was.

I researched some recipes, double checked to make sure there weren't any health concerns with eating a bowlful of snow (there aren't, as long as you collect fresh, clean snow), and had the boys help me make it. The recipe is incredibly simple -- a big bowlful of snow, a little milk or cream (I used a bit of both), some sugar, and a touch of vanilla . After giving it a good stir, the snow cream really does come together and look like a soft ice cream. I topped it off with some sprinkles, and we were all impressed with how good it tasted!















1 comment:

KB. said...

Wow! That is so cool!!! I love the pictures (especially the little arm on the last one :) )


Blog Archive