Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Big helpers

Jack and Thomas really wanted to help me wash the dishes, and of course Peter did not want to be left out. Something about the way Jack rolled up his sleeves and took his dishwashing job so seriously made him look so grown up!

I need to be better at letting them help me with chores. Occasionally, I'll let them help clean their bathroom and sweep floors, but it can be stressful trying to make sure they're not spraying cleaner everywhere (even though I do make sure they use the nontoxic stuff) and trying to help them actually clean it rather than just push dirt around. But if I let them help more often, even if it tries my patience, I know it is a good way to teach them how to do it right so they can pitch in around the house on their own eventually. And they are very eager to help out, so I should take advantage of it!


3 comments:

Noree said...

Those pictures are SO cute!
What good little boys!

KB. said...

SO GOOD!!!


What good helpers! They do look grown up..and look at Peter helping! Michael would just drink the soapy water from the cups!

GrammyG said...

All the updates on the boys were a great read. As always, great story telling.
Seeing the pictures of them doing dishes is not only priceless, it made me pine for being there again.


Blog Archive