Thursday, April 3, 2008

Checking things off the list

Some days it seems like I have a long time until Peter is born (i.e. no rush to get ready since I have so much time) and some days it seems like there isn't enough time to get everything done that I'd like to do. This week I've been feeling the crunch a little. I guess I'm a little worried that toward the end of my pregnancy I won't have the energy or ability to do as much. With Jack and Thomas, the last few weeks of pregnancy were uncomfortable, but I could still do pretty much anything I needed to do. But a tiny fear is creeping into my head that I'll be put on bedrest for some reason or another, or my hips will be aching too much to do very physical tasks like deep cleaning and yard work. I'll readily admit these are irrational fears (although the hip one isn't so much -- I was "stuck" sitting on the floor the other day for about 10 minutes because my hip was not cooperating when I tried to get up off the floor). Since I feel good now, I'm trying to take advantage of that just in case I start feeling worse later. I guess it's my way of nesting right now ... and it does mean I'm getting things done.

For instance, I ordered Peter's carseat yesterday, and I feel a huge peace of mind knowing that it's on the way. I'm still working on the backyard -- David is going to build me a frame for my raised-bed garden this weekend (I can't wait!!!) and my strawberry plants arrived today. I'm also still throwing away the cut brush from the backyard, but it's slow going. It would go a little faster, but the dumpster fills up quickly since the brush is poofy and there's no way I'm hopping into the dumpster to stomp it down. I've tried pushing it down with shovels and rakes, but I'm short and I don't have a good angle to really squish it down. So, I have to wait for the dumpster to be emptied (once a week) and refill it after that. I probably have at least 3-4 more dumpster loads of brush to throw away, so I'm looking at 3-4 more weeks until the backyard is "done".

No comments:


Blog Archive