Monday, July 16, 2012

Faux-hawk


I couldn't resist :). 

The boys are all having a great summer so far.  Jack finished 2nd grade and Thomas finished Kindergarten last month, and we made the decision to enroll them in public school this fall.  It was a difficult and humbling decision, but I think for this year, at least, it's the right one.  I really, really enjoy homeschooling the boys, but I was stretched so thin this past year.  In some ways, I think I'm still recovering from all the life changes that we endured last fall.  So my hope is that by handing the majority of the boys' academic work over to the school (of course I'll be involved with PTA/volunteering at the school, and with homework and projects), I will have more time and energy to be a better wife and mother in other areas that are also very important -- keeping a peaceful and faith-filled home, spending more time with Peter and Davy, and just generally being more rested and less frazzled.  My biggest concern is that there will be lots of secular, harmful influences on the boys at school.  I pray that my boys will have the fortitude and wisdom to discern right from wrong and to stand up for what is good and holy.

So, if you think of it, please pray for the boys and me this fall!  In the mean time, we are savoring our off-time together and we are looking forward to lots of opportunities to visit with family members who are coming out:  my parents, David's dad, my sister and her family, and my Gramma in the next few months!!!  I am so grateful that they have made the time and financial sacrifice to come out to spend time with us.  Being away from family has been .... heartbreaking.  I am so grateful for David's excellent and stable job here.  It was the right decision to move here last fall.  But being so far away from so many loved ones has been hard, and we are ever hopeful that we'll find our way back West in a few years.

2 comments:

KB. said...

Wow! He's such a cutie!!

kmartinic said...

Kathy, you have done such a wonderful job in raising the boys and instilling faith, that they will not be drawn to those children that come with the bad influences.
I will pray for you, David and the kids.