Wednesday, September 7, 2011

One wait down, another to go

We decided that relocating to Columbia, MD for David's work is the best decision for our family now, so the waiting and agonizing over which job would be best is finally over. It is a huge relief to have made a decision, but it was so difficult! When we left CA two years ago for this program, I had the expectation that we would be returning at the end to pick up our lives there where we left off, with maybe a raise and promotion for David. It wasn't really a possibility in my mjnd that we would not be returning.

It was heartbreaking for us to learn that the job climate and job future for David's line of work in CA and in many other areas is very shaky right now, and to return at this point would not be the wisest decision for job security.

However, David received many excellent job offers from the MD and VA area, and business is much better out here. He accepted a great position that is very stable and interesting, and will be good for his career. We drove up to the Columbia area and it is very nice and family-friendly. Our next step is to find a rental home there and plan our move.

With that behind us, we have one more big wait ahead -- I'm nearly 37 weeks pregnant so baby David could come at any time. His checkups have being going very well, and my ultrasound yesterday estimated that he is currently 7lb 8oz, which is a little big for his gestational age, but not terribly ginormous. We'll just have to see if my doctors will want to schedule me for a c-section of if they'll let me deliver on my own. I'm getting excited about meeting this little guy finally and recovering from whatever delivery I have so I can start feeling like myself again. Between my large tummy and my achy hips, I have developed quite the waddle! But I'm doing well, all things considered, and have been pretty busy putting together my hospital bag, cleaning house, and arranging emergency childcare if I go before my mom and David's mom arrive. It is hard for me to believe that whatever happens, I have just about 4 weeks left at most before baby David is here!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank-you for the update ! I'm excited for you, new job, new baby ,and 7lbs.8oz. Is big, he is a big blessing.


Much love , grandpa campbell:)


Blog Archive