Monday, September 12, 2011

Less than three weeks to go

We've all been doing well this past week.  David has been working very hard at his job -- lots of stress and long hours -- but he is hanging in there.  The boys have done well with school this week and are getting more and more excited about Grandmom and Grammy coming out to visit within the next couple of weeks, and of course baby David arriving.  There is a fair amount of surplus craziness around here that I'm sure comes from our upcoming move and the baby's arrival.  It's a double-whammy of change for them, and we're all feeling the stress a little.  I'm trying to be extra patient and understanding, since *I* have trouble not being anxious and grouchy and I'm an adult with lots more reasoning power and life experience.  We're all excited, though, and looking forward to when the dust settles after October.
We took a trip up to Columbia on Friday and found a great home.  We put in an application and we'll see in the next few days if they'll accept it.  We have high hopes -- but we're not actually starting our lease until the end of October, so it's possible that they'll turn down our application in favor of renters that can actually move in this month.  We'll see.  It seems like there are homes that get put up for rent each week, so I'm confident we'll find something good even if this house falls through.

The boys are getting excited about Halloween and have picked out their costumes.  Jack wants to be Black Spiderman, Thomas wants to be Darth Vader, and Peter wants to be a Phoebe Giraffe :).  I'm excited because I'm actually going to try and make their costumes this year.  Last year I ordered them last-minute from Wal-Mart because we had just moved and it was the easiest solution, and I think the year before that I had pieced some makeshift costumes together a few days before Halloween, but I didn't give myself enough time and my sewing machine was also broken -- so they didn't turn out too well.  Not to mention that we were in Buffalo, and it was freezing cold and drizzly and no one was answering their doors when we went Trick-or-Treating!  That was a pretty sad Halloween!

So, I decided it would be fun, economical, and a good waiting-for-baby distraction to work on the boys' costumes over the next few weeks.  They're excited because they get to add in their input and help customize them.  I found a bunch of clearance clothing items online last week and once they arrive we can add the fabric paint and embellishments and see how they turn out!

Other than that, I have a dr's appointment this Wednesday and hopefully we'll hear more about our rental house by then.  I'll do my best to post an update!

No comments:


Blog Archive