Sunday, May 15, 2011

A big week

Somehow, the busyness level at the Campbell household has really gone up a notch lately, and we're all kind of racing to catch up.  It's a good kind of busy -- lots of T-ball practices and games, potty training Peter, social/networking events with David's coo-workers, plus the usual homeschooling, family, and household stuff -- but it is a little tiring.  We definitely aren't used to ferrying multiple kids to multiple sports events, although I know this is just the way it is and the way it's going to be for a while.  We're really trying to keep the kids' schedules (and ours!) fairly simple.  I really don't like the idea of overscheduling the kids so they have multiple sports and activities overlapping at the same time, but it's still crazy with just 2 kids on 2 different T-ball teams!  I guess we'll just have to level up our parenting and organizing chops on this and get used to it. 

Also weighing on our minds is our final move after October.  It seems like David just found this rotation (and he did -- we've only been here for a little over a month), and already he's working hard on networking and making contacts so he can solicit some good offers from a few different sites within his company.  Coming back to San Diego would be great, but we're realizing that it may not work out that way.  It's a difficult adjustment, because I left our home in CA 1.5 years ago fully expecting to return at the end of the program.  I figured David would put in time and hard work and would be rewarded with a promotion in San Diego, but it's a lot more complicated than that!  I have to let go of my personal hopes and expectations and realize that we can decide to create a happy, comfortable home wherever we end up.  It is a stressful process, though, and we would really appreciate prayers as David figures out where the best work opportunities are and as we figure out what the best decision will be for our family.

In other news, my pregnacy seems to be progressing well.  This Wednesday we have the ultrasound to see how the baby is developing and to determine the gender, hopefully!  We're excited, but I'll admit that I'm a little nervous about everything being OK with the baby.  I have no concrete reason to be concerned, but this pregnancy has felt a little more difficult than my previous ones.  I'm sure there are lots of factors -- it's my 7th pregnancy (!), 4th that I've carried this far, and I'm 7 years older than I was when I was pregnant with Jack, so my feelings are probably normal, but still, it will be a relief once the ultrasound is done.  And we can start seriously talking about names, which will be fun!

It's also "checkup season" around here, so this Thursday Jack and Thomas have their annual checkups (and I'm pretty sure some vaccines will be in order), and then I need to schedule an eye exam for Jack (he's been having trouble reading at a distance, and we suspect he'll need glasses), and dental exams for everyone.

I'll update again after Wednesday!

No comments:


Blog Archive