Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Swim lessons











Today was the last day of swim lessons for Jack and Thomas. They started in the first week of May and had 2 lessons a week. I can't believe how fast the month has flown by!

I'm really proud of the boys for doing so well during swim lessons. Jack surprised me by being very eager and willing to learn how to swim from the get-go (usually he tends to the more cautious side). He listened very well to the swim teacher and really seemed to enjoy the lessons. Thomas was very nervous to begin with, but he rallied and ended up doing a great job listening to the teacher, getting his ears wet (he really hated this!), and trying new things. Thomas even began chatting to the swim teacher all the way through the lessons, which is a pretty good sign that he's comfortable :).
Jack and Thomas both seem to be much more comfortable in the water now, and it was a great start that we can build on over the summer. My goal by the end of the summer is for them to even more confident and able in the water.

I would probably continue them in the next set of swim lessons immediately, but T-Ball starts in a couple of weeks and I just can't do that many activities at one time. I'm sure there will be a time in our lives that the kids will be doing a few different activities at one time, but for now one at a time is enough :). T-Ball wraps up at the end of July, so I might put them in swim lessons again at the end of the summer.

3 comments:

KB. said...

Wow! What incredible pictures!!!

I like the one with Thomas looking like he is kinda having fun but also a little uncertain of the whole ordeal.

I'm proud of them both for doing it and learning something new!

Noree said...

That picture of Thomas makes me laugh so hard!!

So cute!

Way to go Jack and Thomas!

GrammyG said...

Very awesome pictures.
They both looked like they were having fun. It is nice to see Thomas more relaxed in the water.
It will be nice for you all to enjoy the summer in the pool and to see their skills blossom.


Blog Archive