Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Blast from the Past





I was looking through some of our old baby pictures yesterday, and I couldn't resist posting these for your enjoyment. :).

The boys seem to be feeling better today, although there's a lot of residual whining and fussing going on. By the grace of God, my patience levels have been pretty high and I'm handling it well. This morning we did some lessons with the Mass kit that Kim and Michael gave the boys for Christmas, and it went well!! Jack didn't feel like participating much, except for snuffing out candles (anything with fire = fun), but he was around and I think he absorbed some information involuntarily :). Thomas really enjoyed setting up the altar and making sure everything was placed just right. It was very cool to watch, and I look forward to pointing out all of the same items at Mass this Sunday!

In other news, Jack was accepted to the charter school for this fall!! I'm so excited! Even though he'll only be at school 1.5 days a week, I still feel like from now until September is our last hurrah with Jack as a "little" boy, with no set school schedule, no tests, etc. I'd like to take lots of trips to the park, the Zoo, museums, etc. and just enjoy these next 5 months together before he takes his first official steps off "into the world" without me or David.

There's more I'd like to write, but I'll have to save it for another post since "quiet time" here is quickly coming to an end!

2 comments:

GrammyG said...

Awesome pictures! You sure have a handsome crew there.
I don't think anyone can explain the feeling of your childs first day of school (going somewhere without mom or dad to guide and protect). It is a big step of many fist steps in life.
Enjoy them completely! They truly our "ours" for such a short time, and that time most often seems to fly quickly.
Love to all

Victoria said...

Love the pictures! Congratulations to Jack!!


Blog Archive