Monday, February 23, 2009

Sick babies are the saddest

Peter has a fever and runny nose today, and he has the saddest look on his little face. It almost hurts just to look at him. Yesterday Jack had a sore throat and the sniffles, but he seems mostly better today. My throat is sore, too, but thankfully nothing worse than that so far. Thomas is over his fever and rash now, and David is like our family's illness Houdini -- he always seems to escape catching what the kids and I have. And if he does happen to get sick, the kids and I don't catch whatever he has. Weird!

We seem to have had more than usual bouts of illness here lately -- a round of colds in December, a tummy bug in January, and colds/fevers in February! On the upside, being sick always makes me appreciate just feeling "normal" -- I won't be taking that for granted anytime soon.

3 comments:

nikki said...

Poor Peter! And all of you - I hope you're healthy at the Campbell household soon. I'm so glad cold season is nearing an end; January was pretty miserable at our house.

KB. said...

Oh Wheetah!!!!

I'm so sorry! What a total bummer all these sicknesses!

I'm glad everyone is getting on the mend, hopefully for good this time!

I can't tell what it is, but Michael seems like he may be battling something. Something's just not normal...he's been breaking a sweat really quickly lately, and I think he had a runny nose tonight (either that, the drool from his pacifier worked its way upwards) and he has been kinda moody.

Hopefully not...

I hope you guys feel better soon! We love you!

Love,
Wheetah.

GrammyG said...

I feel so badly for you guys. It is times like these that I do wish we were only 30 minutes away.
I should hope that I(we) could get down there sooner than later to lend a hand. I will check everyone's schedule.
I agree that taking the feeling of wellness for granted is not something I do regularly.
Keep up the health and your strength.
Always in our prayers
Love to all


Blog Archive