Friday, February 20, 2009

Remind me...


When exactly do chores stop being fun for little kids? :). Thomas begged me to let him vacuum on Monday, and I was more than happy to let him go at it!

Poor Thomas was sick yesterday with a 101 fever and rash (and was very quiet and just wanted to lay down, which is definitely unlike him!). Today he seems mostly better, although he still has a touch of the rash. I suppose it was just a virus, and so far everyone else seems OK, but we'll see!

Peter is cutting his second tooth and hasn't been sleeping too well :/.




He has been rocking on his hands and knees, so he is close to crawling. Sometimes he rocks himself forward so exuberantly that he ends up face-first on the carpet! Jack and Thomas think that's hilarious :). His hair is also getting ridiculously big again, but I don't particularly feel like wrestling with him to trim it --- maybe next weekend when David is home to help :).

Jack is doing well. I'm reading Charlie and the Chocolate Factory to him, and he loves it! We've tried chapter books before (many months ago), but he lost interest pretty quickly when there weren't pictures to look at, but he seems much more receptive to it now. I'm also thinking about reading the original Mary Poppins books by PL Travers. I've developed a new appreciation for the movie (and I love some of Mary Poppins witty comments, like "Well begun is half done" and "Enough is as good as a feast" -- they're succinct and true!).
In this photo, Jack is decorating his own Valentine's Day cake -- he and Thomas got to do their own heart-shaped cakes while I decorated David's and mine.







3 comments:

nikki said...

Great pictures as always, Kathy - I love reading about the boys. I hope Peter starts feeling better soon!

Also, you and I have THE EXACT SAME VACUUM.

GrammyG said...

Too precious! Thomas looks so cute vacuuming. What a big boy helper.
Sorry that Peter is not sleeping well with his teeth coming in. Alas, not too long before he gets through sore gums.
It is so exciting that Jack is enjoying chapter books. I can't wait to read with him.
Way to go boys. Keep up the great job helping Mommy and Daddy take care of things.
I have to say Kathy, you do make this look easy, which we all know, can be very trying and difficult at times. Awesome job.
Thank you David for working so hard so that Kathy can take care of the family.
Love to you all

KB. said...

You are such a great mom!!!


Blog Archive