Thursday, August 7, 2008

Snapshots from our week


Jack engineered this tow rig all by himself -- the "trailer" is a folding chair that Jack hooked onto the back of Thomas's trike. He was actually towing his big trike around the deck, until Thomas caught wind of the project and wanted in on it, too. Lots of "Mine!" and "NO! Mine!!" followed, so I put the chair away :).

Four of the pumpkins we harvested from our garden! We have 4 more growing down there -- these four I cooked for use in pumpkin butters, breads, pies, etc. and some of the others I'll definitely let the boys carve (or help carve).

Jack was very happy to help take the seeds out of the pumpkins this year (I wasn't too sure since a couple of years ago when Aunt Wheetah carved a pumpkin with him, he wasn't too thrilled about diving in to the messy pumpkin pulp. In fact, I distincly remember him begging for a baby wipe to clean off one of his cars that had gotten some stray pumpkin strings on it). Thomas got bored pretty quickly and wandered around the deck while Jack and I worked, but that was actually OK because I fully expected him to be covered in pumpkin goo from head to toe by the time we finished.
I made roasted pumpkin seeds today and let the boys have some for a snack, which they loved! I'm glad, because the seeds are a healthy, protein-rich snack especially since they can't have nuts, and usually Jack turns his nose up at seed-like stuff (sunflower seeds, Sunbutter, roasted soybeans, etc.).

No comments:


Blog Archive