Wednesday, August 6, 2008

"Mom! Mom! I found a scorpion! ..."

certainly wasn't what I expected (or wanted!) to hear first thing this morning.

I thought perhaps that Jack had mistaken some other icky bug for a scorpion (since I know he's never seen one in real life before). But no, he was right! It was a medium-sized scorpion that looked a bit like this:
And he was hiding behind some of the boys' toys in the front room.

Both Jack and Thomas were SO excited about this little houseguest -- not one bit scared. I told them that I needed to get rid of it because scorpions can give you a bad sting, but he kept protesting "But he's a nice scorpion!". I know Jack would have been tickled to keep him as a pet if I'd let him. Ay ay ay.

At least I'm proud to say that I'm not raising girly-men! And in a couple of years I look forward to the boys being old enough to take over my bug disposal duty. :)

2 comments:

Victoria said...

How scary! I wouldn't know what to do if a scorpion made its way into my home. Do you make house calls? To North Carolina?

KB. said...

Youch!! Scary!! Good job getting rid of it!! I'm glad the boys are so brave..and their mom!


Blog Archive