Friday, August 22, 2008

Busy Busy

It feels like we've been running a mile-a-minute around here lately, and I haven't had much free time for posting, but here are a few quick updates and a bunch of photos.

Jack -- we started a reading program with him this week! It's Teach Your Child To Read in 100 Easy Lessons and so far he seems to be very excited about the first few lessons.

Thomas -- is entertaining all of us with his 2-year old antics and excitement. One his favorite new phrases is "I'd better hurry!!" which he shouts when running after Jack (which is hilarious in and of itself because everything wiggles when he runs). He also was reliving my trip to "Dr. Dado" (Dr. Delgado's), the hospital, and having Peter come out of my tummy. He asked "Amember that, Mom?" as if I'd forgotten all about it :).

Peter -- weighs a 12lb 8oz and is 24" long. He's about 75th percentile for weight and height, and is doing well! He loves to "talk" with anyone who is willing to listen to his excited coos and goos.

My blue-eyed boys.

Where have all the eyebrows gone? :). Two plus months out, and still no real eyebrows! However, his head hair has some definite style. It's still sticking straight up, except for the little fine baby hairs that lay down at the top of his forehead. For some reason, this combination reminds me of the '80s hairdo with the Aqua Net bang wall going up and back :).

Right on, right on.


A great shot .... except for those darn fingers in Thomas's nose :).

Poppi and Peter at the baptism celebration. Poppi is a pro at the Peter Shuffle!

Baptism Cake!

Grandpa and Peter!*

Jack loves iced lattes (don't worry, these are a very rare treat!)

Cousins, godbrothers, and brothers in Christ!**

* My apologies for not having more family photos (like with Grammy and Grandmom). If anyone has good shots, especially from the baptism, I'd love it if you would e-mail them to me!

** I think I finally understand why "cousin" and "brother" are the same word in ancient Biblical texts (is it Aramaic?). When asked how many brothers he has, Jack usually says "Three!", because he automatically includes baby Michael as one of his brothers :). And now all the boys *truly* are brothers in Christ!!

4 comments:

Victoria said...

Awesome post, Kathy! I love the pictures!! For some reason, Thomas looks really grown up (to me) in the "Baptism cake" picture. I can't believe Jack is learning to read :) The picture of Michael and Peter is ADORABLE.

KB. said...

this post is awesome!!

I love it that Michael has three brothers too!!!

GrammyG said...

Again, a most awesome read! It is so cool that Jack feels he has three brothers. Like you said, they are all brothers in Christ. I know that they will all have great fun growing up together.
The pictures are wonderful. I do think that we have some that we can add, I just have to wait for Dad to help me.
Keep up the precious smiley faces, they are so cute.
I know that it will not take Jack long before he is truly reading, he has had such a great head start in preparing him.
Motherhood is most awesome and children are truly Gifts from God.
Love to all!

Noree said...

I love this post and all the pictures! Peter is showing so much personality! I love his smile.

The story about Thomas asking if you remembered when you had Peter is so funny!

Your boys are so adorable, and they were so well behaved at the baptism. You are doing a great job with them!


Blog Archive