Friday, September 13, 2013

The Back-to-School Crummies

I knew it was bound to happen, and sure enough, we came down with a case of the back-to-school crummies this week. I feel fortunate that: 1) it took until the 3rd week of school to hit and 2) it is not a stomach virus! The boys have been sneezing and sniffling a lot this week, which isn't all that unusual since fall allergy season seems to be starting up early.

But, Jack's had a sore throat that has gotten progressively worse over the past couple of days, and last night he was in sad, sick Jack mode, asking for ibuprofen and honey. And then I woke up at 3:30AM with a swift baby kick to the ribs, and discovered that my throat also hurt. I couldn't go back to sleep, so I ended up watching a couple of Chopped episodes and heading to the grocery store when they opened at 6AM so I could get a few things for the house (since I didn't think Jack would want me dragging him around and I didn't think I was going to feel any better later in the day). Then I headed over to the hospital for a quick pre-op blood draw for my just-in-case c-section that is scheduled for the 26th. I had planned to do that sometime today, but once again figured I might as well get it done early while David and the kids were still asleep, instead of dragging a sick Jack and 2 other little kids along with me. It went fine, but it was a busy morning for not even being 8AM yet!

So I am feeling kind of like a train hit me today, and I hope this cold is short-lived and that I can catch up on some much-needed sleep before Claire decides to arrive. I feel like I am getting more and more behind on rest and energy, and I worry about how I'll manage to get through labor and delivery feeling this worn out already. If you could spare a few prayers for me, that I recover and can get some rest before I go into labor, I would appreciate it! In return, I'll offer up my weariness and cold symtpoms for friends and family!

1 comment:

KB. said...

What a day! I'm sorry to hear the kids are sick. I hope you are doing better. Yay for Mom getting there tomorrow! Hopefully she'll wrangle everyone so you can get some much needed naps in!


Blog Archive