Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Glasses and doughnuts

So far, summer has been busy but good at our house.  Jack got glasses and is able to see much better.  He wears them all the time and has been really good about taking care of them.  He looks like a little man when he wears them!


We've been spending a fair amount of time in the pool.  Jack has swim lessons this week and next week in the morning, and then some days we also go in the afternoon so Thomas and Peter can play and practice swimming.  It can be tough sometimes to wrangle all 3 of them in the water (Jack does fine in the shallow end, but Thomas can't touch bottom and isn't swimming yet, and Peter is a wildcard).  But, the boys enjoy it so much and it's a great way to escape the heat and humidity.  It's also great to not feel the full force of gravity on my pregnant tummy :).

Today is Peter's feast day so I wanted to do something a little special for him.  I decided to make Pioneer Woman's doughnuts, and they were fantastic!!  The boys are serious doughnut enthusiasts, but they're a rare treat for us.  Anyway, these doughnuts are by far the best I've ever made from scratch -- very light and fluffy -- and they were pretty easy to make.  We didn't do the glaze recipe, but I'll try that next time I make these, because I think it would be awesome.  We tried powdered sugar, powdered sugar+cinnamon and regular sugar+cinnamon.  I think the favorite here was the plain powdered sugar.  The recipe did make a heap-o-doughnuts, though, so hopefully we can be disciplined enough to save them for breakfast tomorrow :). 



And, I'm just throwing in one more picture of the boys enjoying a make-shift sandbox that I set up in the garage.  It's hard to believe that when we left CA, the boys were 5, 3, and 1.  Nearly 2 years have passed -- they're getting so big!  We're so ready to be settled down somewhere -- not too much longer!


2 comments:

GrammyG said...

Oh my gosh!!! It is difficult to explain, it is not just that he looks older or more mature, he looks GREAT. I really like the look of the glasses he chose. I can't wait to see you all. Looks like the boys are getting ready for fun in the sand. Can't wait to see you all very soon.
Love to all.

GrammyG said...

I did forget to mention that the doughnuts do look mighty tasty. I hope we get a chance to at least try some or maybe try making some. Just a thought. Heck with abelskeviers, I will be glad sample some of those wonderful looking and I hear tasty treats. We are counting down the days.
We will see you all very soon.
All you young men are looking so very handsome. Can't wait to give you all big huge hugs.


Blog Archive