Friday, October 1, 2010

Oh Where Oh Where Will The Campbells Be?

Somewhere outside of the DC metro area, but we're still not sure exactly where. What a week we've had! We've had 3 possible rental homes in VA this week, and all 3 of them have fallen through. Two of them were the owners' decisions to pull the houses off the rental market, and one of them we backed out of because the owners were asking for insanely high security and earnest money deposits.

We have one more potential home, and we'll get all the final details for that on Monday morning. Hopefully everything works out! Our movers come on Tuesday, and I'd rather not have to tell them that our stuff will be shipped to "Reston or maybe Herndon or McLean, we don't really know yet".

In other news, Jack came down with strep throat yesterday!! I took him to Urgent Care today because I had a feeling it wasn't just a regular sore throat, and sure enough, it's strep. If it weren't so sad how much he's been sick in the last few weeks, it would be a little funny -- poor kiddo! The nurse-practictioner told us that strep is extremely contagious -- and there is a good chance the other boys will get it, and possibly David and I also. Doh! We really don't need that this week! I'm hopeful that somehow the rest of us will manage to dodge it, but at this point, no matter what happens, I'm just putting one foot in front of the other. I know praying for patience is a good way to have your patience tested and strengthened (whether you like it or not), and now I'm wondering if at some point I prayed for perseverance? :).

In any case, we're alive and baby-stepping our way to Virginia. I would love to have my own personal Mary Poppins right now who could snap her fingers and make all of our stuff fly off the shelves and into organized piles :), but I'm making OK progress. I don't think I'll have to put in any super late nights or anything to get everything organized by Tuesday. The boys and I are going to have pizza and a movie night tonight (or in Jack's case, maybe pudding and a movie), so we're all looking forward to that.

2 comments:

Victoria said...

Oh, Kathy, DC-metropolitan area is certainly good enough for me. When will you be there? I am so, so excited to see you, and I fully intend to take advantage of having your family so nearby. I will be planning a trip up ASAP! YAY!

I hope the move goes as smoothly as possible!

KB. said...

Oh Beetah,
What craziness! I hope the Peter and Thomas (and you and David) stay well and Jack feels better soon. Poor kiddo is right. You're going to have lots of friends who you'll get out of purgatory by the time this week is done! Many prayers as always!
-The barbers


Blog Archive