Friday, November 20, 2009

More walking!

Peter felt pretty confident last night and was walking around without a "cane" or anything. He was very proud of himself! And it was cool to listen to Jack and Thomas cheering him on, too.

This morning, I went to a Mom's club meeting at the Catholic church closest to us. They had free babysitting for the kids, so I was able to sit in a room full of other Catholic moms, drink coffee, and listen to a couple of guest speakers. It was really nice! They do it once a month, which I think is just right for me. The boys did pretty well for the sitters, except that Peter missed me and was crying/calling "Mama" a lot.

In other news, Thomas has pretty much given up his afternoon nap completely. We had a good long run -- about 3.5 years -- so I really can't complain, but he gets a little crabby without that extra sleep, so that's a little difficult. So far, he learned the art of "quiet time" yet, and after about 10 minutes in his room he starts pounding on the door and asking loudly "Can I come out now?!?", over and over again. It's a little unnerving when I'm trying to get some quiet time!

Jack's schoolwork is going a little better this week. I think I need to adjust my expectations a little -- I can't expect to have a classroom experience re-created in my home, so I need to be more flexible in how I teach Jack what he needs to know, and try to take advantage of the many learning opportunities we have everyday. And also make sure it's fun and not drudgery for him (or me!).

2 comments:

KB. said...

He's like Maggie Simpson!

He's so cute!

Kim said...

Hi Kathy... Videos... this is great, Kean and Keaton are going to be so happy to see them in the morning.

Kathy you are such an inspiration for all young mothers (and old ones)... how blessed the boys are. I am sure you will figure out the school thing... you are right though, just look around there is learning everywhere you look.


Blog Archive