Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Summer haircuts

Now that the June gloom has burned off and we're headed into a long stretch of warm weather, I felt compelled to give the boys summer haircuts. I'm not sure how much cooler they actually feel with less hair, but I feel cooler looking at them, so there's that. Jack and Peter sat very nicely for their haircuts, but Thomas was a blubbering, snot+hair covered mess by 3 minutes in. He was screaming something awful, and I'm sure the neighbors thought I was torturing him.

But, we survived and the boys do look pretty cute!
Some before shots:


This next shot is of Thomas and what I like to call his "SCUBA" -- Self-Contained Upheld Blanket Apparatus". Peter wouldn't leave Thomas's blanket alone (usually Thomas sniffs the corner and lets the rest of it drag on the floor), so David helped him out with this special wrap technique:

Now for the after shots. Peter looks so different to me without his mane!






3 comments:

Victoria said...

Great job with the haircuts, Kathy! The boys look so adorable--and so grown up!

KB. said...

Ahh!! I love these boys!! They are so cute!

I literally laughed out loud at your SCUBA comment. I know you told me about it before, but seeing the picture just totally did it for me. So cute!!

They all look great. I just know Michael is standing next in line for a trim, but I'm just not ready for it yet!!

GrammyG said...

How precious! They do look much cooler to me. I wish (not really)that I could have my hair that short and look as good.
Yes, Thomas' blanket looks much easier to carry this way.
I agree with you, Peter really lost his mane, especially when you remember how long his started out from birth.
Love to all and stay cool.


Blog Archive