Friday, March 20, 2009

Baby sitting

Four-year olds are interesting little creatures. Over the last couple of weeks, everytime I leave the room for a few minutes, Jack calls out "OK, Mom! I'll babysit Peter for you!".

I was grateful for his offer to help, and told him so, but everytime he offered to babysit, he kept wrapping his arms around Peter's middle, rolling him around, hefting him up, etc. I told him several times that he was being too rough with Peter, but he didn't really stop. I asked him why he kept bothering Peter like that, and Jack matter-of-factly said "I'm babysitting him, Mom. That means I have to make him sit".

Baby ... sit, literally. :).

3 comments:

GrammyG said...

Way too cute! It is so interesting how some of the things we say are sometimes interpreted so differently than we meant. I guess that is not just true with children, but adults also.
You have been so blessed.
Love to all

KB. said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

Victoria said...

Adorable, Kathy! You should submit this to Readers Digest :)


Blog Archive