Wednesday, October 15, 2008

A little peace of mind

This week's project was updating and completing our family emergency kit, and after today's shopping trip, it's done! We started out with one of these 4-person emergency starter kits a couple of years ago:

and I sort of haphazardly threw together some food in a box and a few gallons of water and called it good. It's been tugging at the back of my mind that I really should make sure I have a complete emergency kit on hand, especially now that our family size has increased.

Anyway, it's all together now -- 15+ gallons of water in the garage (at least 1 gallon per person per day), first aid supplies, and 3 days worth of food for us all. I even thought to pack away the 2 large cans of formula that Evenflo sent me after Peter was born, just in case I can't nurse him for some reason. I do feel a bit of peace knowing that we've got the basics covered in case we need them.

2 comments:

KB. said...

So smart and inspiring! I better get on this too!

Noree said...

You really are a supermom Kathy!


Blog Archive