Sunday, October 19, 2008

Happy Sunday!

I'm not sure which photo I like better ... this one, because of Peter's adoring gaze at Thomas:

Or this one, where Jack is "helping" Peter to say "Cheese!".


In honor of this weekend, which has been a little rough because Jack and Thomas have both been very tired and very cranky, I wanted to share a few of my favorite things about the kids that I think about when they're particularly trying my patience:

Jack: I love his hand gestures, especially when he's pontificating about something (which is... pretty much everything). Yesterday at dinner he wasn't saying anything, but he was gesturing as if he were, and it was hilarious. Oh, and if you ever want to see something really funny, wink at him. He'll wink back at you, but it's very involved -- there's a wind up of the head, and then he fast-pitches the wink right back to you!

Thomas: lately he's been adding "ses" to the end of everything to make it plural. Like "feetses", "kneeses", "sockses". It's cute, and it probably won't last long because I try to repeat the correct word after he says it incorrectly so he knows the right way to say it (and I'm sure he'll catch on quickly), but I love hearing his made-up grammar rules all the same :).

Peter: I love feeling that happy, rumbly vibration in his back when he laughs, or "talks" while I'm holding him.

2 comments:

Victoria said...

What handsome boys! Great post, Kathy!

GrammyG said...

I must agree, most handsome young boys. It is very evident the great job you are doing with your family.
Once again, it is such a blessing to be a part of their lives.
Love to all


Blog Archive