Wednesday, July 2, 2008

We did it!

We survived a trip to 2 grocery stores this morning! It was actually kind of nice to get out of the house, and also to feel like I'm capable of handling all 3 kids on an outing by myself :). First, we went to the grocery store that has awesome produce prices, and I put Peter in a baby carrier that I bought recently -- so far I think it's going to be one of my favorite carriers. Thomas went into the shopping cart seat and Jack walked. Peter slept the whole time, and both Jack and Thomas were very well behaved. Then we went to Stater Brothers for non-produce stuff, and Peter went back into the carrier and slept soundly while Jack and Thomas sat in a two-seater cart. The boys were so good that I bought them some Hot Wheels fruit snacks that they enjoyed in the car after we were done. After we put the groceries away, the boys played in the pool and used big paintbrushes to "paint" with water on the concrete. I thought they would get bored with this pretty fast, but they actually loved it! Jack was writing letters and Thomas loved filling a cup with water for his brush (and dumping it out, and refilling it, over and over).

This Friday morning we're planning to go to a 4th of July parade near our neighborhood park. People enter their golf carts in the parade (and they deocrate them up) and then they throw candy at the crowd. And there are horses in the parade, some fire trucks, and maybe even some tractors if we're lucky.

2 comments:

Victoria said...

Congratulations! That carrier looks fantastic! The girl in the picture on the bottom right looks like she's 3-4 years old. That, honestly, is a little creepy. Or, since all your sons are 4 years old, or younger, maybe you should get 3 carriers, so you can carry them all simultaneously. That would be quite silly.

I'm so impressed with you and the boys! I wish I could eliminate all the states between us, so I could see them more regularly, since they're changing so quickly :) Still, your blog posts are awesome--I love the updates.

GrammyG said...

It does appear that Jack and Thomas are stepping up in their big brothers stage. Good job keeping your wits and strength through this adjustment.
I suppose for Peter a few hours of fussing and crying before bed (knowing that this will end very soon)hopefully gives you a few more solid hours of sleep. I do know that both you and Kim had collic(?)for a few early months.
I tried to watch what I ate, but sometimes you just needed more bouncing and movement to calm them. I hope this isn't wearing you down too much.
It sounds like the family is thriving well.
I can't wait to see you all again very soon.


Blog Archive