Monday, July 28, 2008

A Great Day

We had a wonderful visit with Kim, my mom, and baby Michael today -- I am so thankful that they trekked to Ramona to visit us. I'm sure Kim and/or Mom and Dad will post some of the awesome cousin shots that we got! These 4 cousins are going to keep us on our toes, I think. :)

Kim looks absolutely fabulous, and baby Michael is one of the most adorable little grubs I've ever seen. :) Even his cry and his "I'm going to be mad any second now" looks are cute! Kim, even though I know she's exhausted in these crazy early newborn weeks, is truly radiant. She is already such a good mommy to Michael, and she glows with the love, selflessness, and tenderness of her new role.

While Kim and I visited with the baby boys, Mom swooped right in and made the big boys' lunch, washed dishes, and played with Jack and Thomas so Kim and I could chat. I am constantly amazed at how generous she is with herself, her time, her energy, and today was no exception -- what a blessing she is!

A few hours after they left, I checked my e-mail to discover that our appraisal came in at $10,000 *above* what we needed in order to swing a refinance right now. Wahoo!! Thank you so much for your thoughts and prayers -- I really didn't expect it to come in this high due to the declining housing market, but by the grace of God it did, and now we'll be in a much more stable housing situation for the forseeable future.

Like I said, it was a great day!

1 comment:

GrammyG said...

Yes, it was a great day!! It was so good to see you and the boys,it seemed like such a short time. When I first saw Peter I thought he looked big (old). Then it hit me, he is just about a month and a half, that is not very old. He just seemed so calm and laid back. His hair is most precious, and I never noticed that he did not have eyebrows. I do know the time is coming soon for his first real hair cut, unless you find some Dapper Dan, but how can you cut off that wonderful mane. The lunch and scones that you made were most delicious. Thank you very much for a lovely day.
Hugs and kisses!


Blog Archive